- About CVHS
- Mission and Vision
- Message from the Dean
- Event Calendar
- Open House
- College Fact Sheet
- Accreditation and Awards
- Contact Us
- About Stillwater
- Update Directory Profile Information
- Student Services
- Apply Now
- DVM Program
- Other Programs
- About Stillwater
- Open House
- Current Students
- Commencement Information
- VMH Home
- Small Animal Services
- Large Animal Services
- Emergency Services
- CVHS Ranch
- Prescription Refill Form
- Patient Referral
- Vet Connect Newsletter
- Client Forms
- Hospitalization Process
- Grateful Client Giving Program
Financial Policy & Payment Options
Our fees are comparable with those of similar veterinary practices; they are determined by the severity and complexity of the problem. A written estimate is provided to clients upon the initial exam of their animal. We encourage discussion of fees prior to treatment of your animal to avoid any misunderstandings. Payment is expected at the time service is rendered. We accept cash, personal checks, VISA, MasterCard, American Express and CareCredit.
Veterinary Medical Hospital Financial Policy
Please carefully read the information below to familiarize yourself with our policy. Should you have questions, please ask one of the receptionists. If you have questions after you leave the Hospital, please call the Business Office at (405) 744-8571.
- Full payment is expected upon discharge of your pet/animal from the hospital.
- Insured cases are accepted, however, the VMH will not assume responsibility for filing
claims or collecting from an insurance company. Clients are responsible for paying
VMH and filing for reimbursement from insurance company.
- Acceptable forms of payment are cash, personal check (state law prohibits acceptance of two-party or post-dated checks), VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover or CareCredit (See #7).
- For most cases requiring hospitalization and/or more costly outpatient procedures,
you will be provided a written estimate of charges. This estimate will include a brief
summary of procedures and a range of total estimated cost.
- Clients are required to pay an initial payment that is equal to 80 percent of the
highest amount of estimated charges upon admitting their patient to VMH. i.e. If your
estimate is $300-$500, you must pay 80 percent of $500 upon admission.
- At times it may become necessary to revise the initial estimated charges to cover
the cost of additional procedures and treatments that were not anticipated upon initial
examination and diagnosis. Should this become necessary, you will be notified of the
revised estimate for your approval to proceed. At that time you will also be requested
to make an additional deposit so that total deposits equal 80 percent of revised estimate.
- New clients or clients not meeting requirements outlined in #6 may apply to CareCredit
for a line-of-credit. CareCredit is an independent financial agency and credit is
extended only upon an approved credit check. Depending on amount borrowed, loan is
usually interest free if repaid within 12 months. Repayment plans longer than 12 months
are charged an annual percentage rate. Billing and payments are handled entirely through
CareCredit. You may complete a CareCredit credit application and request we submit
it for you, you may call CareCredit directly to apply for an account by dialing 800-365-8295
or you may apply online at CareCredit.
- Any charges (up to 33 percent of the original debt), and in some cases, court costs and attorney fees incurred by the University in an effort to collect on delinquent accounts will be assessed to and will be the responsibility of the account holder. Delinquent account information is disclosed to credit reporting agencies, which could endanger your credit rating on a local and/or national level. The Veterinary Medical Hospital cooperates with the District Attorney's Office in collection of insufficient fund checks.