- About CVHS
- Mission and Vision
- Message from the Dean
- Event Calendar
- Open House
- College Fact Sheet
- Accreditation and Awards
- Contact Us
- About Stillwater
- Update Directory Profile Information
- Student Services
- Apply Now
- DVM Program
- Other Programs
- About Stillwater
- Open House
- Current Students
- Commencement Information
- Applicants must be within two semesters of completing all pre-veterinary course requirements (by June 1 following application) and must have a grade point average in the required courses of at least 2.80.
- A grade lower than "C" in a required course is unacceptable and must be repeated. A C- is considered below a C.
- If the applicant retakes a course, the hours and grade points of the repeated course will be averaged to those of the original course in calculating the required course GPA.
- All courses taken for the purpose of substitution must be completed by the end the fall term in which application is made.
- Math and science based courses must have been completed within eight years of the fall semester in which application is made. To remove old coursework from your cumulative GPA, submit in writing a formal request to email@example.com
- Upper level science courses must be taken at a four-year institution to be valid. This includes Animal Nutrition, Biochemistry, Genetics, and Organic Chemistry.
- An applicant is required to take the general Graduate Record Exam (GRE). Test results must be received by VMCAS by October 15. Scores are acceptable only if the tests were taken within four academic years prior to application. It takes several weeks for VMCAS to receive score reports, therefore it is recommended to take the test no later than September 17.
- To register for the GRE online, visit the GRE website. Applicants must use Institution code 6558 for score reports (do not use the code for Oklahoma State University).
- NOTICE TO ALL DVM APPLICANTS: The OSU-CVHS will not, under any circumstance, process an application if it has not been verified through VMCAS. We adhere to all VMCAS deadlines.
Items to Remember and Deadlines
All transcripts must be sent to VMCAS by September 21. The Oklahoma State University College of Veterinary Medicine will not accept transcripts for the September 21 deadline.
The VMCAS Application is due by September 21. All aspects of the application are processed through VMCAS, which includes the VMCAS application, VMCAS application fee, evaluations, transcripts and GRE test scores.
- Visit the Application page to access the OSU CVHS Application Processing Fee. Be sure to complete it by the September 21 deadline. This fee is non-refundable. If you feel you may have paid twice or question if the payment was successful, contact the CVHS Student Services Office at 405-744-6961.
Make sure to take the GRE prior to September 17 so scores arrive to the VMCAS by the October 15 deadline.
Fall transcripts are due to CVHS by January 15.
Make sure to complete all prerequisite courses by June 1. Planned courses can be indicated in the VMCAS application so specify (as best as you can) which semesters they are planned for.