- About Us
- College Overview
- Message from the Dean
- Mission and Vision
- Our Faculty
- Open House
- Event Calendar
- House System
- College Fact Sheet
- Accreditation and Awards
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- CVHS Annual Open House
- DVM Program
- Other Programs
- Current Students
- Student Services
- Commencement Information
- Veterinary Hospital
- Small Animal Services
- Large Animal Services
- Emergency & Critical Care
- Hospital Information
- Prescription Refill Form
- Client Forms
- Make an Appointment
- Referring Veterinarians
- Give to the Hospital
- Veterinary Health Sciences Ranch
- Referring Veterinarians
- Hire an OSU Veterinarian
- Upcoming Events
- Continuing Education
- Our Facilities
- Oklahoma Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory (OADDL)
- Clinical Trials
- The Friday Bit Newsletter
- Featured Alumni
- CVHS Alumni Society
- Class Information
- Alumni Awards
- National Conferences & Events
- CVHS Walk of Honor
- CVHS Merchandise
- Update Your Alumni Information
- Join the Alumni Association
- Orange Sockies Family Album
- Contact Us
CVHS Annual Open House
Open House 2019
The Oklahoma State University’s Center for Veterinary Health Sciences will be open to the public on Saturday, April 6, 2019 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. for its annual Open House. Admittance is free.
We encourage pet owners, those interested in pursuing veterinary medicine careers and anyone who is interested in learning more about activities at the CVHS to join us. Our students coordinate Open House and are very proud to show visitors the many different facets of their profession.
From research, to teaching tomorrow’s practitioners, to treating Oklahoma’s livestock and companion animals, there is much to see and do at Open House. Come and visit Oklahoma’s only veterinary college!
The center is located at the corner of McFarland and West Farm Road on the OSU Stillwater campus. No personal pets are allowed. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Event Schedule & Map
Event schedules and maps will be added closer to the event.
2018 Event Highlights
- An appearance and photo opportunity with OSU's Bullet and Pistol Pete
- Food trucks and OSU veterinary medicine apparel for sale
- Self-guided tours of the Boren Veterinary Medical Hospital
- Stillwater Police Department K-9 Unit Demonstration
- Southwest Mobile Dairy Classroom
- OSU Entomology Department’s Insect Adventure
- Hands-on, science based activities for children of all ages
- Stillwater Kennel Club Demonstration
- Free carriage rides provided by Andy Kincaid’s Carriage Services
- Oklahoma City Disc Dogs
- Equine Treadmill Presentations
- Face painting
- Teddy Bear Surgery (bring your torn stuffed animal for repair; available on a first-come/first-served basis)
- Veterinary Medicine Admissions Seminars
- Avian, Exotic and Zoo Medicine silent auction
- Various outdoor animal demonstrations throughout the day
First-time visitor or unsure of our location? Visit our How to Find Us page for all the directions and maps you could want to help direct you right to the event.
Food and Beverage
With all the activites going, we know you are going to work up an appetite! We've got you covered with on-site food trucks.
No pets are allowed for the safety of your animals, as well as to protect veterinary hospital patients.
Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
All activities are free and no appointments are necessary.