Skip Navigation
Oklahoma State University
Center for Veterinary Health Sciences

Healthy Animals - Healthy People

Continual Care Program FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

How does the program work?

Through your endowed fund, the Cohn Pet Care Facility
will provide for your pet when you are no longer capable of
daily care. You can choose to permanently house your pet
at the Cohn Pet Care Facility or we will work to find your
pet the perfect home that matches the requirements you
establish when enrolling. Regardless of your decision, your
pet will receive the highest standard of care from CVHS
veterinarians and support staff.

How do you decide who adopts my pet?

You’ll have the chance to tell us all about your pet and any
specific requirements for potential adopters. You also have
the ability to name a friend or family member who will be
responsible for adopting your pet while also ensuring all of
their medical care will be provided for with the endowment
you establish with us.

What happens if you can't find the perfect peple to adopt my pet?

If we cannot find appropriate adopters, your pet will remain
in our care. We will continue to abide by your requests and
keep your pet happy and healthy.

How will my pet be cared for?

While your pet is staying at the Cohn Pet Care Facility,
your endowed fund covers all daily costs such as food,
toys and bedding, as well as any medical procedures and
routine veterinary visits and vaccines. Your pet will be
catered to by the best OSU specialists, ensuring quality and
timely attention. Outdoor runs and a spacious play room
will guarantee your pet gets plenty of time with staff and
visitors while we find his or her future home.

What happens to my endowment if my pet passes away before me?

Your endowed gift ensures the health and happiness of
whichever animal may be your companion at the time your
pet arrives at the Cohn Pet Care Facility. If your pet passes
away before admittance to the Facility, your gift will extend
to any future pet you may acquire at the appropriate
endowment levels.

What does the university do with my money after my pet dies?

After your pet passes, the endowed fund will benefit
the Center for Veterinary Health Sciences as a whole.
Your gift will help the education of future veterinarians
and research into new and improved veterinary treatments
to benefit animals.

How do I enroll my pet for the program?

The enrollment process is simple. To start, we’ll have you fill
out a few forms including information about his or her daily
routine in addition to providing a photo of your pet. In order
to guarantee a spot for your pet(s) and secure the current
price, a minimum 5 percent of the total endowment amount
is due at the time of enrollment. Due to the tremendous
interest in our program, we cannot guarantee space to any
pet that does not have completed paperwork and at least
5 percent of their total endowment paid in advance. Please
contact us if you have any questions about the enrollment
process or program.