- About Us
- College Overview
- Message from the Dean
- Mission and Vision
- Our Faculty
- Open House
- Event Calendar
- College Fact Sheet
- Accreditation and Awards
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- CVHS Annual Open House
- DVM Program
- Other Programs
- Current Students
- Student Services
- Commencement Information
- Veterinary Hospital
- Small Animal Services
- Large Animal Services
- Emergency & Critical Care
- Hospital Information
- Prescription Refill Form
- Client Forms
- Make an Appointment
- Referring Veterinarians
- Community Events & Publications
- Give to the Hospital
- Veterinary Health Sciences Ranch
- Referring Veterinarians
- Hire an OSU Veterinarian
- Upcoming Events
- Continuing Education
- Our Facilities
- Oklahoma Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory (OADDL)
- Clinical Trials
- The Friday Bit Newsletter
- Featured Alumni
- CVHS Alumni Society
- Class Information
- Alumni Awards
- National Conferences & Events
- CVHS Walk of Honor
- CVHS Merchandise
- Update Your Alumni Information
- Join the Alumni Association
- Orange Sockies Family Album
- Contact Us
About the OSU Diagnostic Laboratory
The Oklahoma Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory (OADDL) promotes the overall well-being of animal health through veterinary diagnostic testing, instruction of professional students, and research in diseases of economic importance to Oklahoma and beyond.
Message to Veterinarians, Animal Owners and Producers
The professional staff at OADDL works closely with recognized experts in OSU’s Center for Veterinary Health Sciences, Boren Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital and the National Center for Veterinary Parasitology to ensure that we provide contemporary, state-of-the-art veterinary diagnostics. We are firmly committed to providing high quality, reliable and timely service to you.
At OADDL, we make every effort to charge reasonable fees for our diagnostic services and to avoid hidden fees. Funding provided by the State of Oklahoma helps offset a portion of the expenses associated with operating OADDL. Please refer to the Fee Schedule outlined in our website for current testing fees.
We are also actively involved in client outreach and education. Each year we have exhibitor booths at several regional and state meetings. We also publish a quarterly electronic Newsletter that contains information on current diseases in Oklahoma, updates from OADDL and educational articles. You can access current and previous issues of our Newsletter via our website, and we encouraged you to sign up to receive the 4 issues each year.
We welcome your input and feedback. At OADDL, we understand the privilege and responsibility of serving animal interests in Oklahoma.
OADDL is fully accredited for all species by the American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians (AAVLD). The core diagnostic services we provide include: pathology (necropsy and biopsy), bacteriology/mycology, parasitology, molecular diagnostics, serology and toxicology.
OADDL is a member of the National Animal Health Laboratory Network (NAHLN) and performs diagnostic tests for targeted surveillance programs and emergency response testing for foreign animal diseases including: Avian and Swine Influenza Virus, Avian Paramyxovirus-1, Classical Swine Fever and Foot and Mouth Disease Virus.
Summary of Services
Necropsy (Autopsy) Examination
- Full-service gross and microscopic examination with ancillary testing
- Short or detailed microscopic reports with special and immunohistochemical staining
- Aerobic and anaerobic culture/sensitivity, bacterial and fungal identification
- Parasite screening, identification and quantitation
- PCR, RT-PCR and sequencing for a wide range of viral, bacterial and protozoal pathogens
- Serum neutralization, antigen/antibody ELISA, Latex Agglutination
- Tissue minerals, blood lead, livestock water quality and blue-green algae, forage and feed toxin testing, oilfield contamination, poisoning and toxic plan identification
AAVLD Certificate of Accreditation
A printable PDF of OADDL's AAVLD Certificate of Accreditation.
A printable PDF of the NAHLN Certificate.